Gluten free, Vegan Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Recipe
I think everything is better homemade, especially desserts. So, recently as I watched one of my co-workers munch on a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup during our weekly meeting, I thought to myself, hey, I could make that.
After all, a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup is just basically chocolate and peanut butter with a little sugar. So, why not get rid of all the extra fillers and make it from scratch? This way you don’t have to worry about any possible cross-contamination or reactions to milk chocolate. Plus, it’s healthier!
Even better, this copycat, homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup recipe requires only 3 ingredients. How easy is that?
This recipe makes about 4-6 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups depending on muffin container size.
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup vegan chocolate chips (divided)
1) Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in microwavable bowl.
2) Pour melted chocolate into muffin containers covering about 1/8 of an inch. The muffin edges will give it that Reese’s shape.
3) Place chocolate in freezer for about 20-30 minutes or until hard.
4) Mix peanut butter and powdered sugar together.
5) Remove chocolate from freezer and place about a small spoonful of peanut butter mixture on top of frozen chocolate.
6) Melt remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in microwavable.
7) Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter until covered.
8) Place in freezer for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is hard.