Have You Noticed an Increase in Your
Grocery Bill Since Going Gluten Free?
How do you eat gluten free on a budget?
I have heard from many people that the cost of having to be gluten free is expensive due to the cost of specialty foods. This can be true if you are buying a lot of specialty items that are in the natural/health section of the grocery store. Every store calls this sections something different but you know what section I am talking about it is where your buy the organic, gluten free, dairy free basically anyone on a special diet shops this section. I want to share some things that can keep will save you some money.
I have 5 suggestions that could help you cut the cost of gluten free groceries down without going hungry.
1) Cut back on the carbohydrates because they are expensive and usually high in calories and fats.
2) Find coupons for gluten free foods.
3) Make use of the gluten free items in the normal section of the grocery store. I give examples in my video.
4) Make your main meal gluten free with the naturally gluten free foods for the whole family. This will not only save you money but clean up and headaches from making 2 meals for the family.
5) Become a promoter for a gluten free company. I have chosen a company that all products are gluten free and I use them daily. By doing so you usually get your products at a better discount and you will be using them anyway and home based businesses have awesome tax benefits.
If you like saving money as much as I do you will implement these 5 tips to save the cash. Lets not strain the pocket book due to foods. I enjoy eating and have become very creative in my main meals and I am sure your family wouldn’t mind a change now and then also.
I would LOVE to hear how you save money shopping for gluten free, please leave it in the comments!
Best to you and your gluten free shopping!
The Celiac Warrior